Human Driven work, Intuitive Collector & Random Happiness practitioner
Gastón Lisak is an artist and design researcher focused on the interaction between people, the story of the objects and the power of happiness as motor of change. Lisak is a former teacher at Elisava, Design University in Barcelona and Researcher member at their Innovation Lab, leading workshops in the field of service design, collective creation and co-creation. His research include, the use of technology to enhance human interaction for Ericsson, rethinking new exhibition spaces for El Bulli foundation and visualising and optimising creative process for clothing brand Desigual. Between 2012-2014 he was selected to become part of F A B R I C A, Benetton's Group Research Centre.
Nowadays he divides his work between teaching experiences, the creation of workshops for brands and institutions and development of his artistic research and curiosities. At only 26, Gastón has worked on leading projects for companies such as Benetton, Danone or United Nations and his work has been shown in Beijing, Designer’s Days Paris, Mobile Museum Hong Kong or London Design Week. Member of the New Lunar Society, he is really interested in the field of speculative design and have a lot of respect for failed umbrellas.
Works by Gastón have been published in:
- - The Aram Gallery, "Believe in your feed" part of Unread Messages 2016, exhibition in Covent Garden, London
- - We never left exhibition, "wifi equal home" at Fabrica Features 2016, Portugal.
- - "The Funeral", Dia Sense Cotxes, Setmana de la Mobilitat Sostenible i Segura 2015, Street intervention, Barcelona.
- - El Bulli 1846 and El BulliDNA Challenge, Beijing Design Week 2014.
- - Manifesti in Forme, Get Up! Exhibition, F A B R I C A, Turin.
- - ACE Hotel, "Art room project", Shoreditch, London
- - London Design Week 2013, "Unofficial Report" in collaboration with Six:thirty for V&A Museum, London.
- - Stellwerk, Art Basel 2013, "Unofficial Report", Switzerland.
- - Piccadilly Circus, United Nations, "Hidden Beauty", London.
- - Times Square, United Nations for World Environment Day, "Hidden Beauty", New York.
- - Gallery Bensimon, Designer's Days 2013, "Tapis Words", Paris.
- - ILIVETOMORROW Gallery, “Authentic” and "This work was done by,...", Hong Kong.
- - OCA, Salone Mobile 2013, "Unofficial Report", Milan.
- - Fabrica Features, "Hold your breath", Lisbon.
- - Spazio Pellodrilli, "Improvising", Treviso.
- - Mobile Museum,"Tweety", Beijing.
- - Grand-Place Bruxelles, United Nation’s Day 2012, "Hidden Beauty",Brusselles.
- - FadExpo 2012 (Fadfest), "The Future is Now", Barcelona.
- - Crisolart galleries, "Paul Celan lettering", Barcelona.
- - Rey Juan Carlos Hotel, Cloud Computing Conference, "Cloud", Barcelona.
- - Exits 2012, "The Future is Now", Barcelona.
- - Mobile World Congress 2011, Ericsson "Living Wall", Barcelona.
- 2016, COAC, Col·legi d'Arquitectes de Catalunya "Mapas de Empatia", Jornada de Arquitectura Cooperativa con Ariel Guersenzvaig.
- 2016, Decathlon, "Empathy maps", online users in collaboration with Zoom.
- 2016, Hacker's Bazaar, The Value of Design at Elisava, Universidad Pompeu Fabra with CarlosJNavarro & Daniel Armengl Altayó.
- 2015, Campo Viejo, colective creation for "Streets of Colors" at Elisava.
- 2014, El Bulli1846 & El BulliDNA Challenge, Beijing Design Week.
- 2011, The Future is Now, Co-creación en tiempos de cambio.
- - 2015, WebVisions, Hacking Happiness "Can design be an excuse to start a conversation?", Instituto Europeo di Design (IED)
- - 2014, PechaKucha vol.20, guest speaker, "Diseñando en tiempos de skype: la creación grupal", Disseny Hub Barcelona.
- - 2014, Barcelona Design Week closing event, Unofficial Report talk, "Designer vs Entrepreneurship", Design Museum (Dhub).
- - 2014, Lezioni di Design, selected speaker at Brera design Distric during Salone del Mobile,"Capturing the essence and designing with instinct", Italy
- - 2014, FIU Festival, guest speaker "10 que he aprendido en estos ultimos años" at Design Museum (Dhub), Barcelona.
- - 2014, TFG Conversations, speech at Elisava, University Pompeu Fabra.
- - 2011, Blanc Festival, selected speaker "The Future is Now: Co-creation in times of change", Barcelona.